CUSTOM FIT STUDIO
Beyond the Numbers
Cyclists of all ages and abilities can benefit from a proper bike fit. A good bike fit can increase your efficiency, reduce the risk of injury, improve the speed and duration of your rides, and increase your comfort level in the saddle. The more you ride, the healthier and happier you are. Tim goes beyond a “fit by numbers” approach and brings years of experience to each session.
Every fit begins with a rider interview. Review your riding experience, flexibility, injury history, performance goals and conduct an off-bike assessment. After learning more about you, Tim will go through the following:
The correct fore and aft, “float” (rotation), and side to side placement of the cleat in relation to your stance is a critical, though often overlooked, component of a proper fit. Correct cleat placement optimizes hip, knee, and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery.
A center of gravity approach coupled with your unique bio-mechanics is used to adjust saddle height, fore and aft, and tilt.
Adjust and/or make recommendations for bar position, width, and stem length.
Discussion of proper technique and posture. Q&A
CertificationsTim has studied under and been certified by some of the top names in the fit industry, including:
- Jeff Lohr, Head of Road Bike Fit Instruction // Trek
- Paul Swift, Founder and President // BikeFit
- Katrina Vogel MS, DPT, Director Clinical Education // BikeFit
- Medbridge Education, The Foot/Pedal Interface // Bike Fit
- Dr. Mark Timmerman, MD, Sports Medicine Consultant
- Paraic McGlynn, Founder and Chief Technologist // Cyclologic